Followers

Search:

Loading...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

FOTD: Lucky Green

Today (or more exactly, yesterday), I feeled for some green eyemakeup!
Luckygreen from MAC seems a bit scary in the pan but when applied, it's actually very wearable. I thought it would be more of a bright green color, but I was wrong. It's more of yellow toned lightgreen. I used black eyeliner and dark grey-ish brown to tone it down though because my top was bright colored that day and I didnt want them to compete. I usually pick up one of the accents of my outfit and use a similare color for the eye makeup (not matchy-matchy though, Ugh!) but this time I did not. It's look nice and put together when color coordinate with the makeup, but its not always needed as long as the color does not compete with eachother, like bright red lips with bright orange top...
...that would look a bit off...!
Next time I wear more less eyecatching clothes ....or at least on the upperbody, Im gonna try to pull off the bright blue eyeshadow again. I've several bright eyeshadows but I never seems to use them because they are so loud in color...

The placements of the eyeshadows (all from MAC):

Lucky green (lightgreen) on the eyelid up to crease, 
Mystery (matte dark taupe) on the outer edge of the eyes blended into the crease and then used Sumptous Olive (medium-dark olive green) to difuse the green and taupe together. Phloof! (shimmery highlighter with pink undertone) to highlight browbone and inner corner of the eyes. 
Black creamy eyeliner was used as "tightlining" the waterliner and smudged on the upper and outer lower lashline for more intensity before applying the eyeshadows (notice it looks darker on upper lashline? Thats the eyepencil, its underneath the lightgreen one). I use this technique instead of using a crisp eyeliner on upper lashline, it's looks more "day appropriate" when using darker eyeshadows for daytime! 
Also used a darkgreen eyepencil (same as last post, but this time I manage to applied it properly) on lower lashline. xD I'm faaar from proffessional with makeup application...

Think Pink from Wet'n'Wild mixed with a peachy-nude gloss

Products used:

Face
Mac Studio Finish Concealer, NW15

Eyes/Brows
Coleurs Nature Browpencil, Cendre
MAC Paintpot, Painterly (Matte Flesh toned)
Couleurs Nature Eyepencil 2 in 1, Noir (Black) 
MAC Eyeshadows: Luckygreen (lightgreen), Mystery (matte dark taupe), Sumptous Olive (midtone olive green) and Phloof! (Shimmery Highlighter with pink undertone)
Couleurs Nature Water-Proof Eye-Pencil, 03 Vert (Dark green)
Maybelline Volume Express Falsies Feather Mascara, Black

Cheeks
Rimmel Natural Bronzer, Sunlight
MAC Powder Blush, Desert Rose (Matte warm burned rose)

Lips
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick, E901B Think Pink (Light whitish pink)
MNY My Gloss, 165 (Nude-ish Peach)

XOXOXO

1 comment:

cindy said...

You are really pretty :)